domingo, 1 de mayo de 2011

IN LOVE WITH LACOLORADA III


Directa o indirectamente un gran artista escribe sobre su propia experiencia. Annabelle se basa en una historia real de una pareja de granjeros de Alabama que perdieron a su hija en los años treinta. Gillian Welch puede tomar ese dolor como propio porque su propia historia no deja de ser la misma corrida en el tiempo, aún en reversa.







Annabelle




I lease twenty acres and one Jenny mule
From the Alabama trust
Half of the cotton
A third of the corn
Get a handful of dust

And we can not have all things to please us
No matter how we try
Until we've all gone to Jesus
We can only wonder why

I had a daughter
Called her Annabelle
She's the apple of my eye
Tried to give her something like I never had
I didn't want to ever hear her cry

And we can not have all things to please us
No matter how we try
Until we've all gone to Jesus
We can only wonder why

When I'm dead and buried I'll take a hard life of tears
For every day I've ever known
Anna's in the churchyard she's got no life at all
She's only got these words on a stone

We can not have all things to please us
No matter how we try
Until we've all gone to Jesus
We can only wonder why